Light, refreshing, crunchy and easy-to-make salad anyone? When I first made this cold rice noodle salad recipe it was love at first sight!
This salad is easy to throw together and requires zero cooking beyond boiling the noodles. Do not, however, be deceived by its simple steps Rice Noodle Salad with Shrimp is a flavor monster. You’ll go crazy over this salad dressing it’s what makes this salad so flavorful and delicious!
In addition to being addictive, this Asian Noodle Salad is also healthy and packed with veggies.
RICE NOODLE SALAD WITH SHRIMP
Prep Time: 5 minutes.
Cook Time: 10 minutes.
Total Time: 15 minuttes.
100 g rice noodles
200 g snow peas
1 large sweet red pepper
1 large sweet yellow peppers
2 green onion
200 g cooked shrimp
Handful of cilantro leaves
1 tbsp sesame seeds
Drizzle of sesame oil
2 garlic cloves finely crushed
1 small red pepper minced
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook the noodles until al dente, according to package directions.
- While the pasta cooks put all the dressing ingredients into a bowl and whisk lightly to combine.
- Drain the noodles and immediately toss them with a drizzle of sesame oil. This helps stop sticking to each other.
- Blanch the snow peas and cut it on diagonal into 2 or 3 pieces.
- Cut the sweet peppers into long thin slices.
- Trim and finely slice the green onion on diagonal.
- Mix all the ingredients together. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to coat.
- Serve immediately
This salad can be served cold or at room temperature. Store leftovers in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 3 days.