Today I have a super quick, easy and tasty meal for you, a grilled salmon with mango avocado salsa . It pairs perfectly with my creamy coconut rice. If you haven’t had coconut rice yet you need to make it today! It is one of my favorite rice dishes and it’s so easy to prepare.
The salmon is grilled until the skin and outside is nice and crispy and the inside remains nice and moist and tender.
The mango avocado salsa goes amazingly well with the Cajun seasoning of the salmon. It is fresh, a bit tart, a bit sweet…just perfect!
GRILLED SALMON WITH MANGO-AVOCADO SALSA OVER COCONUT RICE
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes.
Total Time: 45 minutes.
FOR THE COCONUT RICE
1 1/2 cups Coconut Water
1 1/4 cups canned coconut milk
1 1/2 cups brown bastami rice
1/2 tsp salt
FOR THE GRILLED SALMON:
1 tablespoon oil
4 (6 ounce) pieces salmon
4 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
FOR THE MANGO-AVOCADO SALSA
1 large mango , peeled and diced
1 cup cherry tomato dice in half
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1/3 cup chopped red onion
1 large avocado , peeled and diced
1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp coconut water
Salt and pepper , to taste
- In a medium saucepan bring coconut water, coconut milk, rice and salt to a full boil. Cover and simmer until liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes. Fluff with a fork, then let rest 5 minutes
- Preheat a grill over medium-high heat
- Pour the olive oil over the salmon fillets. Season the fillets with the Cajun seasoning both sides.
- Place salmon on grill. Grill for about 3 minutes per side or until just cooked through. Turn carefully as the salmon will be fragile.
- While the salmon is grilling prepare salsa. In a medium bowl toss together all the salsa ingredients. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve salmon warm with coconut rice top with avocado mango salsa.