Yes, I know I’m Costarrican, but I live in the U. S now and my baby was born here so I think that allows me to celebrate 4th of July.
Berries are happened to be in season and so that means they are in their peak of deliciousness. Including different assort of berries is the best way to keep with the patriotic theme. If you’re looking for a way to incorporate them into your Independence Day table, I have a crowd-pleasing recipe for you today: Fourth of July breakfast pizza.
This healthy breakfast tart. It’s not a typical tart– there’s no added refined sugar, flour, or butter. And YES! It’s seriously tasty especially if you love fresh fruit.
FOURTH OF JULY BREAKFAST PIZZA
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes.
Total Time: 25 minutes.
12 pitted medjool dates
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup almonds
1 cup Greek vanilla yogurt
1 cup assorted berries
- Soak the dates in water for ten minutes. Drain well.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degree F.
- Line the bottom of a pie pan with parchment paper. The parchment prevents the crust from sticking to the pan.
- In a food processor pulse the nuts and dates until thick “dough” is formed and the nuts are all broken up. The dough will be moist from the oil in the nuts.
- Press the ¨dough¨ evenly into prepared tart pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Set aside and let it cool completely.
- Spread the yogurt on top of the cooled crust. Decorate with berries. Slice, serve, enjoy.
Instead of greek yogurt you can use any non dairy yogurt alternatives to make this dish vegan.